Başlıca hakemli yayınlar
- Ozilgen S. (2016) Do consumers and food service providers share the same understanding of traditional food. G. J. of Food Science and Nutrition 1:1 (http://gavinpublishers.com/food-science-vol1-issue1)
- Kurt L. and Ozilgen S. (2013) Failure mode and effect analysis for dairy product manufacturing: Practical safety improvement action plan with cases from Turkey. Safety Science. 55: 195-206
- Ozilgen S., Bucak S., Ozilgen M. (2013) Improvement of the safety of the red pepper spice with FMEA and post processing quality control. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 50(3): 466-476.
- Ozilgen S. (2012) Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) for confectionery manufacturing in developing countries: Turkish delight production as a case study. Ciênc. Tecnol. Aliment. 32(3): 505-514
- Ozilgen S. (2011) Gender is correlated with Body Mass Index, Eating Habits, and Exercise Frequency in Students Attending a Private University in Western Turkey.Acta Alimentaria, 40 (3) 400–406
- Ozilgen S. (2011) Influence of composition and environmental conditions on the textural properties of sultana bars Czech Journal of. Food Scence29 (5) 539–547
- Ozilgen S. (2011) Food safety education makes the difference: food safety perceptions, knowledge, attitudes and practices among Turkish university students. Journal of Consumer Protection and Food Safety. 6:25-34
- Ozilgen S. (2011) Statistical Quality Control Charts: New Tools for Studying the Body Mass Index of Populations from the Young to the Elderly. The Journal of Nutrition, Health, and Aging. 15(5) 333-339
- Ozilgen S. (2010) Application of failure mode and effect analysis model to foodservice systems operated by chefs in practice and by chefs from a culinary school in Turkey. Journal of Consumer Protection and Food Safety. 5:333-343
- Cleland A.C. and Ozilgen S. Thermal design calculations for food freezing equipment- past, present and future.(1998) Int. Journal of Refrigeration 21 (5): 359-371 (1998)- Critical review article
- Ozilgen S. and Ozilgen M. (1996) Kinetic compensation relations: Tools for design in desperation. Journal of Food Engineering 29:387-397
- Ozilgen S., Ozilgen M. and Reid D.S. (1994) Kinetic compensation during homogeneous and heterogeneous nucleation of ice in aqueous system. Lebensmittel - Wissenschaft und Technologie 27: 319 -323
- Ozilgen S., Reid D.S. (1993) The use of DSC to study the effects of solutes on heterogeneous ice nucleation kinetics in Model food Emulsions. Lebensmittel - Wissenschaft und Technologie 26, 116-120
- Ozilgen S., Simoneau C., German J.B., McCarthy M.J., Reid D.S. (1993) Crystallization kinetics of Emulsified triglycerides J Sci. Food Agriculture 61, 101-108
- Ozilgen S. and Ozilgen M. (1992) Enthalpy - entropy and frequency factor - activation energy compensation relations for death of Escherichia coli with microwaves in a tubular flow reactor. Acta Alimentaria 21: 195 - 203
- Durukan A., Ozilgen S. and Ozilgen M. (1992) Analysis of a baking process with application of means and range charts to samples coming from combined populations Process Control and Quality 2: 327 - 333
- Ozilgen S. and Ozilgen M. (1991) A model for pasteurization with microwaves in a tubular flow reactor. Enzyme and Microbial Technology 13: 419 - 423
- Ozilgen S. and Ozilgen M. (1990) Kinetic model of lipid oxidation in foods. Journal of Food Science 55: 498 – 502
- Amoutzopoulos B and Ozilgen S. Failure mode and effect analysis for traditional food production in developing countries: tarhana varieties from different regions of Turkey as a case study. (submitted).
1. Gıda Bilmeceleri. Ozilgen S. Yeditepe University Press, Istanbul, 2017
2. Cooking as a Chemical Reaction: Culinary Science with Experiments. Ozilgen S. Taylor & Francis Group, LLC, USA, 2014
3. Kadim Lezzetler. (Ozilgen S. and Samancı O). Yeditepe University Press, 2014 This book outlines the technological and historical development of five traditional Turkish foods: Salep, Turkish coffee, Turkish delight, Turkish hard-candy, and chocolate.
4. Çocuk-aile ve eğitmen üçgeninde aktivitelerle beslenme eğitimi. Ozilgen S. Alfa Publishing Company, 2007. This book pertains to the eating habits of preschool children. The book is designed to assist and educate parents and educators about eating habits of preschool children.
1. Ozilgen S., Ozilgen M. (2017) A general template for the FMEA applications in primary food processing. In Measurement, Modeling and Automation in Advanced Food Processing. Advances in Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology. Springer, Switzerland.
2. Arduzlar D.K, Ozilgen S., Ozilgen M. (2015) Ed. Hui Y.H and Evranuz E.O. Quality Assurance in Vegetable Processing: State of the Science in Practice in 2010s. In Handbook of Vegetable Preservation and Processing, 2nd edition. Taylor & Francis Group, LLC, USA.
3. Ozilgen S. (2012) Ed. Lynch E.J. and Petrov A.P. The Sense of Taste (Factors Affecting Taste Perception and Food Choice) Nova Science Publishing, NY, USA.
4. Ozilgen S., Malta S. functional properties of biopolymers in food systems and the effects of nanostructures of biopolymers on their functional properties in Handbook of Food Bioengineering. Elsevier Publishing Company (in Press)
- Amoutzopoulos, B., Ozilgen, S. (2011) Failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA) application to the process of industrial tarhana production. 4th International Congress on Food and Nutrition together with 3rd SAFE Consortium International Congress on Food Safety, 12-14th October 2011, TUBITAK MAM, Istanbul, Turkey
- Kurt, L.Y., Ozilgen, S. (2011) Failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA) for fermented dairy products. Poster session. 4th International Congress on Food and Nutrition together with 3rd SAFE Consortium International Congress on Food Safety, 12-14th October 2011, TUBITAK MAM, Istanbul, Turkey
- Naska, A. et.al, on behalf of the BaseFood Black Sea area partners. Dietary data and mortality patterns in countries of the Black Sea region. 11th European Nutrition Conference, 26-29 October 2011, Madrid.
- Vasilopoulou E., et. al. on behalf of the BaSeFood Black Sea area partners. Traditional foods of Black Sea Countries. 11th European Nutrition Conference, October 26-29, 2011, Madrid.
- Ozilgen S, Simoneau C., German J.B., McCarthy M.J. Crystallization kinetics of triglycerides in foods: measurement and mathematic modelling, 1992. IFT Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Lousiana, USA.
The patent of gluten-free tarhana formulation, and its production technique (2012). Tarhana, a traditional Turkish food, is a dried curd traditionally made of flour, yeast, dairy products, dried vegetables, and herbs and spices. This invention aims at developing a nutritious food product for celiac disease patients. Patent no: TR 2012 10099B
Professional Activities and Honors
2016 Initiated and lead the integration process of the Yeditepe University Department of Gastronomy and Culinary Arts in the International Network of the UNESCO/UNITWIN Chair, “Food, Culture, and Development”, held by Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Spain.
2015 Awarded the Distinguished Faculty Achievement Award by the Yeditepe University for the academic year of 2014-2015. Distinguished Faculty Awards are given each year in recognition of superior accomplishments in teaching, advising, research, publication, committee work and public service.
2014 Initiated and lead the integration process of the Yeditepe University Department of Gastronomy and Culinary Arts in the International Network of the UNESCO/UNITWIN Chair, "Safeguarding and Promotion of Cultural Food Heritages hold by Université François-Rabelais, Tours, France, (2014).
2014 Awarded the Distinguished Faculty Achievement Award by the Yeditepe University for the academic year of 2013-2014. Distinguished Faculty Awards are given each year in recognition of superior accomplishments in teaching, advising, research, publication, committee work and public service.
2013 Developed heat stable, edible drinking cups as a consultant for a private company in Turkey.
2010 – 2011 Designed a small scale smoke oven for poultry and fish products as a consultant for Arçelik A.Ş., one of the biggest industrial companies in Turkey.
2009 – 2012 BaseFood (Sustainable exploitation of bioactive components from the Black Sea Area traditional foods)- Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) Researcher.
2006 – 2007 Eating habits of older-aged people living in a poor-house in Turkey (A project supported by Metropolitan Municipality of Istanbul) Egrican, N. Ozilgen, S., Çiftçi, A., Kocaoglu, B.
- SM Journal of Food and Nutritional Disorders
- Nutrition and Energy Balance
- Gavin Journal of Food and Nutritional Science
- Henry Journal of Nutrition and Food Science